Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Gift to Remember

Of course, our long Thanksgiving weekend went by way too fast. I try to enjoy every second, but it seems time goes faster each year.  I am very blessed and very thankful.

This year, we spent time with cousins we haven't seen since my Grandmother's death in 2004. All of Maw Maw's (our name for our Grandmother) girls (except her great great grand daughter, Summer) were together for the first time since then. We grew up together and come from a close knit family, but my cousin moved out of state and we don't see each other much.



My aunt lives across the street from us and my parents live next door to us. Thanksgiving was always at Maw Maw and Grandaddy's house (the house I live in now). We spent the day watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, eating, napping and playing games. My aunt has my grandmother's table (which I couldn't even begin to count how many meals I have eaten at this table) so we still have her with us. I definitely could use one of her hot sweet potato biscuits fresh out of the oven with butter on it.


My husband, daughter, our fur babies and I live in my Grandparents home. I also inherited another special part of my Grandmother.  She was a master seamstress and I loved to play with all her buttons as a child.  I would look through them and admire them.  I would let them run through my fingers.  I still love to look at them and have them on display in our home.  She touched them and made her history with them, my mom's, my sister's, my aunt's, my cousin's , my history and my daughter's too.  I wanted to share them with the other women in my family so they could have her near.  It took me a few years, but I finally decided to pick some favorites and make specimen art for my mother, my sister and my aunt.  I wrote a special message on the back of the frame.  I found the perfect one at Walmart for $5!






















Funky Junk Interiors

















fingerprints on the fridge


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I liked it so well that I even pinned it on Pinterest.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete